Warranty and Returns
Printer Ink People only sell products covered by normal Australian manufacturers warranty. Printer Ink People and its distributors warrant that all products sold on our official website www.printerinkpeople.com.au are free from defective material and workmanship. Therefore, we will therefore endeavor to replace, repair or refund any faulty or defective item free of charge, albeit at our distributor’s and the manufacturer’s discretion.
All customers MUST contact Printer Ink People prior to the return of any product via our quick reply Contact Form. We will contact you ASAP to resolve your issue quickly. There are often circumstances that can be resolved without sending a product back and this can save everyone time and money.
Printer Ink People is proud of its service and we only want satisfied customers.
If goods must be returned, please follow the simple guidelines below to ensure a speedy resolution:
- Always contact us first via our Contact Form to obtain a Return Authorisation Number by return email. No return will be accepted by our distributor without our distributor’s Return Authorisation Number.
- Return Authorisation numbers are only valid for 14 days, therefore timely postage is essential.
- Seal and secure all goods to ensure the consumable/s being returned cannot get broken, leak or get lost in transit. Where possible, defective products should be returned in original packaging with accompanying manuals. BUT they must ship with all original parts. This will ensure a quick refund and/or replacement.
- Freight on returned goods will not be paid by Oz Printer Inks unless our distributor has sent a Customer the wrong item. All returns must be sent to our distributor’s address advised with the Return Authority number.
- Once our distributor has received the consumable being returned, the consumable will be inspected, evaluated, tested and/or weighed and the Customer will be advised of the result by Printer Ink People without delay. A quick resolution is always our aim.
VERY IMPORTANT NOTES:
- The return of printer consumables due to poor print quality MUST be accompanied by a print sample. Without a print sample our distributor may find it more difficult to process the return to the manufacturer which can result in a return being delayed or denied. If the distributor cannot quickly obtain a refund from the manufacturer then neither can we or our valued Customers.
- Any returned consumable that has been refilled, remanufactured or tampered with in any way will result in denial of a refund and/or replacement.
- All consumables have a minimum weight when empty. Therefore, the onus is on the Customer to ensure that the consumable being returned is not just empty. This can also ensure savings in time and return postage. If unsure, please use our Contact Form for advice.
- Obligations under the Australian Consumer Law apply equally to resellers, distributors, manufacturers AND consumers.
Items Incorrectly Ordered by Customers
- Items incorrectly ordered by customers, that are NOT faulty, must be made within 7 days from our invoice date and via a Return Authorisation Form requested via our Contact Form.
- Although there is no legal obligation for Oz Printer Inks or our distributor to take back goods that are NOT faulty, where possible we both like to provide this add-on courtesy to our customers. However a re-stocking fee may apply so it is imperative we are notified as soon as possible – See below.
- Most importantly, so the goods can be re-sold at full price, they MUST be returned in a re-saleable condition – unopened in original packaging with accompanying manuals and parts and with no writing on labels or boxes. This will ensure a quick refund and/or replacement.
Re-Stocking & Freight Fees
- Items returned as incorrectly ordered by a customer MAY incur a 10% restocking fee, so timing is important. Return freight is is non-refundable. And there is no free freight if there is to be a replacement sent back to the customer.
- Return freight will only be refunded and/or free if we were at fault by sending the wrong product.